|My-Quito.com : Surfing
Surfing in Ecuador
- Good surfing is possible in
Ecuador on the Pacific Coast, and also on the Galapagos on San
- The coast gets swells from both
north and south, so the direction of surf is variable. Winds
are generally light. The most popular surfing base is Montañita
which has become a laid back surfing centre with its long beach
and turquoise seas. The town has many relaxed bars and restaurants,
as well as parties on the beach, and there is an international
surf competition in February at carnival time.
- CasaSol.com -American run surf hotel and school
Ecuatoriana de Surf -site
of the Ecuadorian Surf Federation -mostly in spanish but some
items in English.
- Finca Punta Ayampe
-surf lodge in a stunning location.
- Marejada Surf School -surfing school in Manta, Manabi that also offers
- Montañita.com -spanish language guide to staying in
- Surf Adventure
-surf school in the island of Punta Blanca (spanish).
-summary of all the Pacific coast beaches and surfing conditions.
- Wavehunters -organiser of surfing tours to Ecuador.
- Search this site with Google:
- 100 Best Surf Spots in
the World: The World's Best Breaks for Surfers in Search of the
Globe Pequot Press
- October 2004
- Price in UK pounds
- Price in US dollars
- in association with
- click here for more books