|My-Quito.com : Horseriding
- Horseriding in the Andes
since the Spanish first introduced the horse, but this must be
the best way to really experience the Inca roads through the
Andes. If you are not a serious rider, then many of the haciendas
can offer day hire of horses with guides. If you are after the
more serious long distance routes then there are some organisers
listed below. If you plan to make your own arrangements, it goes
without saying you should see both the horses and equipment on
offer before parting company with any money.
Ecuatoriana de Criadores de Caballos de Pura Raza Española -Andalucian Horsebreeders Association
- Equine Adventures -specialists in horse riding holidays around the
world -run a 10 day tour in colonial Ecuador.
- Finca Colibri
-farm in Pululahua offering riding near Quito.
Horse Ranch -riding in
- Hacienda Alegria
- family-run organic farm in the heart of Ecuador's "Avenue
of the Volcanoes", one hour south of Quito, the capital
of Ecuador. Specialise in horseback vacations.
- Hidden Trails -a variety of riding tours in the Andean highlands
-good slide show of the sort of landscape to expect.
- Ilalo Expeditions -luxury one-day and multi-day horseback riding
tours through Ecuador´s most beautiful landscapes using
prize-winning Peruvian Paso horses.
- Rancho Cheval -horse riding trail in historical Haciendas on
the Avenue of the Volcanoes.
- Ride World Wide -UK company specialising in horse riding holidays
and safaris throughout the world.
Andes -specialist company
who offer horseback riding trips in the Andean Highlands of Ecuador,
as well as along the coastline of Uruguay and in the gaucho heartland
of north Argentina.
- see also Hosterias
and Haciendas as many offer horse riding for guests.
- Search this site with Google:
- Trekking in Ecuador
by Robert Kunstaetter, Daisy Kunstaetter (Paperback )
- Twenty-nine detailed trek
descriptions, with 50 photos, topographic maps, and elevation
- Price in UK pounds
- Price in US dollars
- in association with
- click here for more books