|My-Quito.com : Scuba
- Scuba Diving in Ecuador and the Galapagos
- The Galapagos Islands are cited
as the world's top diving venue with dolphins, whale and hammerhead
sharks, whale sharks, sea turtles, penguins, marlin, manta rays
and many other species to be seen. Diving charters have to be
approved by the Ecuadorean National Park Service. Diving is available
at all levels with certified dive masters (many guides speak
English, but you should check) -do choose a boat that specialises
in diving and licenced for this activity.
- Alternatively, if you decide
to dive on the mainland, then I suggest you have a look around
the area around Machalilla National Park and Isla de la Plata.
Darwin -scuba diving
with hammerhead and whale sharks from the MY Mistral.
- Exploramar -PADI 5 star dive centre based in Machalilla
and the Galapagos. Also offer whale watching at Isla de la Plata.
- Galapagos Sub Aqua
- located in Puerto Ayora on Santa Cruz Island, the dive centre
was founded in 1991 by Fernando Zambrano. They offer PADI open
water, adavanced diver, rescue diver and divemaster courses.
- Greg's Dive Log -Gregory Gulik's site with some wonderful images
and video of his Galapagos dives, including El Leon Dormindo,
Darwins Arch and Isla Lobo.
Iguana -scuba diving
tours and diving cruises in the Galapagos Islands.
y Mar -PADI dive school
in Puerto Ayora.
- Steven Frink's Journal -a Web Journal from the Galapagos Islands
Aboard Peter Hughes' Sky Dancer in 2002 with text and photography
by the photographer Stephen Frink.
-Galapagos dive information and maps.
- Boats -specialist dive boats
on the islands:
Aggressor I and II -specialist
diving boats -site features a guide to diving on the Galapagos.
Law -one of the two largest
sailing trimarans in the world. Offers 2-3 dives a day in the
Galapagos Islands marine reserve with night dive possibilities
and experienced and knowledgeable dive masters.
-specialist dive cruiser from Peter Hughes Diving.
- More Galapagos
- Search this site with Google: