|My-Quito.com : Hotels in Quito
- There are a huge range of hotels
available in Quito to suit any budget. You can pay anything from
$40 for one person for a night in a basic hotel, up to $200 in
the more luxurious. In fact the Plaza Grande in the historic
centre goes up way more, charging a whopping $550 for a night
in a suite. Remember that service and tax will add 22% to the
bill you are quoted.
- Some hotels offer wireless internet,
however wireless service in bedrooms is less common -I suggest
you ask, if this is important to you.
- Most people stay in the new
city. As with any large city, some areas are better than others
-it really depends what you are after. The Mariscal area is lively
but does tend to be a bit touristy. The best area of town is
around Gonzalez Suarez, overlooking Guapulo. Elsewhere there
are now good hotels appearing in the old city -choose the old
city for atmosphere but remember it is likely to be busy and
noisy in the narrow streets, and is definitely not a great place
to bring a car.
- If you are staying longer than few days
you may consider staying in our own Quito
apartment -situated a short way from Hotel Quito in the
modern part of town, the apartment has a single bedroom and comes
fully equipped with cable tv, phone and wifi.
- Akros -http://www.hotelakros.com
- A fairly nondescript modern
4 star hotel near the airport -we stayed here a few years back,
courtesy of KLM and found it to be as drab as its olive grey
- Av. 6 de Diciembre N34-120
Telfs: (593 2) 243-0600 / 243-0610
- Los Alpes
-small, intimate, Italian-Ecuadorean family run hotel with 24
rooms on a quiet residential street in Quito with an inviting
atmosphere. Convenient for the airport.
- 233 Tamayo y George Washington
- telephone: (593-2) 2 561-110
- Anahi Boutique Hotel -http://www.anahihotelquito.com
- Antinea -http://hotelantinea.com
- A first class French Hotel "de
Charme" offering suites, hotel rooms and furnished apartments.
Located just a short way from parks "La Carolina" and
- Juan Rodriquez 175 y Diego de
Almagro - Quito
Telef: (593-2)-250-6838 or (593-2)-250-6839
- Small luxury hotel in the north
of Quito, with 36 rooms offering and wireless internet.
- Queseras del Medio E11-205 (Frente
al Hospital Militar)
Telephone: (593-2) 254-0629
- Café Cultura -quality hotel and coffee shop in a
colonial villa in the Mariscal area.
- Robles 513 y Reina Victoria
- Telephone: (593) 2 2224271;
2564956; 2504078; 2558858; 2558889
- La Cartuja
- Cosy hotel in downtown Quito,
built in a neo colonial style house, which formerly was the site
of the embassy of Great Britain, offers beautiful rooms and a
tranquil green courtyard.
- A small ten-room boutique hotel
set in a quiet location in the residential area of La Floresta
and offering the comfort of a luxurious home.
- Francisco Salazar E 12-137 y
Toledo, Quito, Ecuador
- Tel: +593-2 252-8062 / 255-7108
- Casa Gangontena
- The last word in opulence, Casa
Gangotena is set in a restored mansion overlooking Plaza San
Francisco. It offers 31 luxury rooms and suites with every conceivable
extra and a price to match.
- Bolivar Oe6 y Cuenca
- Tel +593 2 4008000
- Casa Hebling -a bed and breakfast pension in the modern part
of town with a family atmosphere, offering rooms with shared
or private bathrooms, breakfast, tour information, fireplace,
sun terrace, hot water, luggage storage, deposit box, cooking
facilities, internet access, book exchange, German and English
- General Veintimilla 531 y 6
de Diciembre, Quito
- GPS: S00°12.367' W78°29.495'
Tel: (00593-2) 256 57 40
- Small budget hotel in north
Quito, popular with visitors:
- "I stayed there when I
was in Quito and it was lovely! It is a great place, run
by this ecuadorian-polish couple....not a luxury big place, more
of a small cozy home, but at the same time with nice, spacious
bedrooms with private bathrooms. And what I liked the most was the
great big Garden and the chimney in the common room which
was used during the afternoons.
- Juan Rodriguez 270 y Reina Victoria
Tel./Fax (005932) 2567-616
Colina Suites -22 luxury suites, include a living room with
dining area, bedroom, two bathrooms and a full equipped kitchenette
on Av Orellana.
- La Colina N26-119 y Av. Orellana,
-probably the best known luxury hotel and right in the centre
of town on Avenida Amazonas opposite Parc El Ejido. The restaurant
offers a huge buffet (with price to match).
- Avenida Amazonas 110 Y Patria,
Telephone: +593 (2) 2560666
star hotel on 6 de Diciembre and Presidente Wilson.
- Presidente Wilson E8-22 y 6
Telf: (593-2) 256 1990 - 256 3103 - 256 3243
- Eugenia Hotel
-elegant luxury hotel in the heart of the city.
- Av. Diego de Almagro 1245 &
- Tel. (+593) (2) 2524895 / 2558285
-small modern Hotel with 25 rooms, with wireless internet throughout,
on Calle Finlandia in the financial heart of Quito, one block
from Parque La Carolina.
- Finlandia 227 y Suecia
- Telf. [593 2] 224 4287 / 224
4288 / 224 4289
- Grand Hotel Mecure -modern hotel offering 147 comfortable
rooms with high speed Internet access; plus "The Spicy"
coffee shop and deli serving regional and international cuisineand
their own Casino Montecarlo.
- Roca 653 And Amazonas Ave, Quito
- Tel : (+593)2/2994000
- Howard Johnson-comfortable 90 room hotel in La Carolina.
- Alemania E5-103 & La Republica
- Phone: 593-2-2265265
-family owned and run hotel in the Santa Clara area of Quito.
- Mercadillo 366 and Versalles.
Phone: (593-2) 2 543-182, 2 546-388, 2 540-792, 2 524-401.
- Mansion Del Angel -a small luxury boutique hotel in the Mariscal
Sucre neighbourhood in a traditional period house sourrounded
by trees and plants -each room has complete different athmosphere
- Telf: 593 2 2557721
- Nü House -this
modern boutique hotel in the heart of Gringoland is perhaps trying
a bit too hard to be avant garde. Also offers 'Q' Restaurant+bar+lounge
with a 'fusion' ambiance. Around $100 per night.
- Foch E6-12 y Reina Victoria
- Tel: (593 2) 255 7845
Parc -luxury boutique
hotel offering 30 suites close to parque La Carolina. Somewhat
pricey at more than $200 per night. Facilities include business
rooms, spa, restaurant, and rooftop bar.
- República de El Salvador
N34-349 e Irlanda
Phone: 5932 2276800
-budget hotel on Avenida Amazonas, one block from Parc El Ejido.
- Av. Amazonas N20-20 y 18 de
Phone: 00-593-2-2565835,00- 593-2-2902490
Plaza Independencia, the building has been newly remodelled to
form the best, and by some way the most expensive, boutique hotel
- Garcia Moreno y Chile (esquina).
Tel: (593 )+ 2 2510 777; 2 566497
- La Pradera -a small luxurious
hotel and restaurant in the modern part of town (website no longer
- San Salvador N° 225 y Pasaje
- Telefax: 226-833 227-309 236-946
Quito -one of the
original upmarket hotels -although now displaying a faded glory
the hotel has one of the best positions in town, with beautiful
views overlooking Guapulo and the Cumbaya valley, with large
rooms and spectacular top floor restaurant 'Techo del Mundo'.
Quiet outdoor pool and health club available for guests, or you
can pay to use the facitilities daily if you are not staying
- González Suárez
Ave. N27 142
Tel: (5932) 254 4600
-large modern resort hotel on 12 de Octubre Ave.
- 12 de Octubre Ave., and Cordero
444 St. , Quito
- Real Audiencia
-first class hotel with panoramic restaurant in the old City
near Plaza de Santo Domingo.
- Bolivar (220) Oe-3-18 y Guayaquil
Telfs. 593 (2) 2952 711 - 2950 590
- Relicario del Carmen -the somewhat neurotic website gets
in the way of finding about this small hotel in an historic house
in the old city.
- Venezuela 1041 y Olmeda
- Tel: (+593) 2 2289120; 2 2285917
- Rio Amazonas
-74 luxury rooms in the heart of the Mariscal; also offers the
'Café de Paris' coffee shop and the Canoa Restaurant serving
typical Ecuadorean food 24 hours a day.
- Cordero 1342 & Ave. Amazonas
- Phone (593) 2556666/ 2556667
- Hostal Sandmelis -a first class hotel, with a refined,
cosy atmosphere located in the modern part of the city. 24 hour
reception, personalised service and tastefully decorated rooms.
- Tomas de Berlanga E8-128 y Av
- Tel (593-2) 2461225 & 2461442
- Santa Barbara
-small four star hotel in a colonial residence. Offers sixteen
rooms decorated traditionally with private bathrooms, wireless
internet. Cosy restaurant "Il Caminetto" -the Fireplace.
- Av. 12 de Octubre N 26-15 y
Telefax: (593-2) 2225 121 - 2564 382
- Sierra Nevada
-mid-size family-style hotel in a charming old town house in
the Mariscal area, founded in 1997 by Ecuadorian mountaineering
pioneer Freddy Ramirez.
- Joaquin Pinto 4E-150 y Cordero
- Telephone: (+593) 2 255-3658
de Quito -describes
itself as a museum hotel, and offers colonially decorated rooms.
- Alemania N30-170 and Vancouver
Tel: (593 -2) 254-1773
-luxury hotel from the Swiss chain in the modern part of town.
The hotel offers 277 rooms, five restaurants, bar, business centre,
spa and sports facilities.
- Av.12 de Octubre, 1820 y Luis
- Cordero, Casilla 17-21-565, Quito
- Tel: +593 22 567 600
- Tamba Real
-modern hotel with 90 rooms on 12 de Octubre. Website in Spanish
- Av. 12 de Octubre y Queseras
- Tel: (593) (2) 256 - 3820
- Vieja Cuba -small hotel with 24 rooms set in a converted
colonial house located in the modern area of Quito. It has a
cafe-bar and restaurant, which offers Afro-Cuban and international
- Diego de Almagro 1212 y La Niña.
Tel (593) 2 2906-729
- Villa Colonna
-six room boutique bed and breakfast with rooms around $200.
- Benalcaxar 1128 y Esmeraldas
- Tel: (593) 2 2955805
- Windsor Hotel -a small three star hotel and restaurant
right on Av Amazonas.
- Roca 668 y Amazonas Av
- Tel: (593) 2 2224033
of Quito: Mitad del Mundo, and Puembo
- Crater -http://www.elcrater.com
- Hotel, restaurant and art gallery
in the Pululahua crater, near Mitad del Mundo.
- Telefax Office: (593 2) 2439254
- Hostal Pululahua
- Finca Colibri - a self catering farm for up to eight people
to rent in the crater of Pululahua a few miles from Quito. Offer
outdoor activities and horse riding. Operated by Eric Lehenbauer
and Monica Rios who also run a bed and breakfast in Parque Italia
- Tel. & Fax: (00 593 2) 222
- Rincon de Puembo -historic ranch 40 minutes north of Quito.
- Manuel Burbano 1436, Puembo
- Phone: (+593-2) 239-1106 or
Quito: Cotopaxi & Sangolqui
- Cuello de Luna
-located 4 miles from the Cotopaxi National Park, this is a good
starting point for excursions to Cotopaxi National Park, climbing
Cotopaxi, Iliniza and Chimborazo, or to visit the indigenous
market of Saquisili and Zumbahua, the Quilotoa crater. The Hotel
offers private rooms with bath and fireplace as well as dorm
beds with shared facilities.
- El Chasqui, Panamericana Sur
Km 44, Frente a la entrada al Parque Nacional Cotopaxi, Laso
- Phone (593) 9 9700 330
-this hosteria is located just off the Panamerica near Machachi
in a 150 year old farm with views over the surrounding landscape.
- 1.5 km south of the Machachi
toll booth (or Km 43 of Panamerica Sur)
- Tel: (593) 2-231 0002
- San Mateo
-straw roofed hosteria on the Pan America near Saquisili 6km
from Cotopaxi National Park.
- Vía Latacunga km 5512
- Ecuador Teléfono: (593-3)
- Tambopaxi -ecotourism complex designed as a recreation
and acclimatisation centre for Cotopaxi, with its own restaurant,
hostel and camping site.
- Cotopaxi National Park
- Tel: (593 9) 9448223
- Hotel Ambato
-modern centrally located hotel with 41 rooms.
- Tel: 03-2421791, 2421792, 2421793
- Hotel Milaflores -another modern hotel in Ambato.
- Av Miraflores 227
- Tel: (593) 3 284 3224
Rodelu -sadly their
website doesn't give much away about this hotel.
- Calle Quinta 1631 (near Vincent
- Tel: (593) 3 800956, 811264
- see also Haciendas
- Search this site with Google:
- Hotel Patio Andaluz -in
the heart of the historic Old City of Quito, the hotel is surrounded
by churches, museums and national monuments. It is set in a marvelous
colonial building dating back to the foundation of Quito, and
has been beautifully and meticulously restored.
- Garcia Moreno N6-52 between
Mejia and Olmedo
Telephone: (593-2) 2280830
- JW Marriott Hotel
luxury hotel standing beside a roundabout on Av Amazonas, the
Marriott is one of the most comfortable (and expensive) hotels
in Quito -international standards but somewhat sheltered from
- Av. Orellana 1172 y Av. Amazonas
Tel: 593 2 2972000
- Holiday Inn Express
Quito -modern hotel
located at Orellana Avenue, one of the most important avenues
in the city and just 15 minutes away from Mariscal Sucre Airport.
Good access to local bars and restaurants as well as colonial