|My-Quito.com : Hotels
- Hotels in Imbabura
- Remember that Saturday is market
day in Otavalo, so you should book in advance if planning to
stay Friday or Saturday night. Stay in the town to soak up the
atmosphere, or out of town if you prefer a quieter situation.
Some of the out of town hotels can be a long (but often beautiful)
walk away if you do not have a car.
- Otavalo and San Pablo
- Posada de Quinde -comfortable and popular hotel near
the centre of Otavalo with a beautiful courtyard setting . Previously
known as Ali Shingu, the hotel was bought in 2010 by industrious
Californian Maggie Reniers and remains and extremely popular
destination. We have stayed here a couple of times and have no
hesitation in recommending it.
- Calle Quito con M. Egas, Otavalo
- Tel: (593) 6 2920750
- Cabañas El Rocio -chalet cabins set in gardens in a quiet
part of Otavalo near the center, and not far from the animal
- Barrio "San Juan",
Tel: (06) 2 924 606
Cabañas del Lago
- Hotel with individual cabins
on the shore of Lago San Pablo -boat hire and watersports available
but not cheap.
- A dramatic mountainside inn,
organic farm and retreat located above the town of Otavalo in
the foothills of Mojanda featuring spacious rammed earth cottages
with magnificent mountain vistas.
- Tel: (593) 6 292 2986 or (593)
9 973 1737
Mailing address: Casa Mojanda, Apartado 160,
- Otavalo, Ecuador
- Casa Quinde -http://casaquinde.com
- A large private home to let,
set in an idyllic location in the grounds of El Monasterio de
Cusín, just outside Otavalo. The house is constructed
in a traditional rustic style and offers accommodation for up
to six people from one week up to three months.
- San Pablo del Lago, Imbabura.
- Tel: 099 602 855
- Small hotel in the centre of
Otavalo with restaurant Árbol de Montalvo in the inner
courtyard. Fairly basic, but friendly and has a nice pizza oven.
Can provide secure off street parking a short walk away, too.
- Juan Montalvo 444, Otavalo
- Tel: (593) 6 2920 739
- Hotel Otavalo -traditional hotel in the centre of
Otavalo not far from the Plaza de Ponchos.
- Roca 504 y Juan Montalvo, Otavalo
Tel: (593 6) 292.3712 / 292.4999
Palmeras Inn -http://www.laspalmerasinn.com
- Located a short way out of town,
in a converted guinea pig farm. The hotel offers private garden
cottages with roaring log fires, surrounded by tranquil organic
gardens in the shadow of Imbabura and Cotacachi volcanoes.
- Tel/fax: (593)-6-292-2607
- Located on the shore of the
lake San Pablo with a breathaking view of the Imbabura Volcano
a few minutes away from Otavalo, and its Indian Market. The hotel
has an extremely popular restaurant offering excellent Ecuadorian
and international cuisine -we generally try to have lunch here
at some point when visiting the area.
- Lago San Pablo y Panamericana
Norte, Otavalo, Imbabura
- Tel: (593) 6 2920-920 / (593)
- Riviera Sucre
- The oldest hotel in Otavalo,
in a colonial courtyard building with stone fountains.
- Garcia Moreno 380 y Roca, Otavalo
- Tel: 593 6 2920 241
Cotacachi and San Antonio de Ibarra
- Luxury hotel with conference
facilities in Ibarra.
- Reservaciones y ventas en Ibarra,
Mariano Acosta 1638,
- Tel: (593) 06 2955-555; 2955-221;
- Hosteria Los Pinos de Cuicocha -http://www.lospinosdecuicocha.com
- Lodgings and restaurant on a
working organic farm located in Quiroga in the district of Cotacachi,
- Cotacachi, Imbabura
- Tel: (593) 9 640 1401
- Casa Luna
- A small cosy bed and breakfast
in the community of 'Pilchibuela' about 750m from the centre
- Comunidad Pilchibuela, Cotacachi
- Beautiful hotel set around the
courtyard of an old hacienda. Has everything -pool, jacuzzi,
tennis, squash, conference suite. You can just visit the very
good restaurant and wander the grounds. Live music anmd dancing
- Panamerica Sur, Km 4.5 Ibarra
- Tel (5932) 262932222
de las Flores -
- Elegant colonial style courtyard
hotel just off the main high street in Cotacachi. Owned by American
Gary Scott, the hotel is beautifully maintained and very quiet.
Free wifi but haven't been able to find a website.
- G. Moreno 1357 y Sucre
Tel (593) 06 916-009
- Luxury hotel and spa resort
with exquisite rooms just outside Cotacachi -fine food while
watching peacocks and humming birds in the gardens.
- Cotacachi- Ecuador
Tel : 593-6-2915-237
- Hosteria Pantavi -http://www.hosteriapantavi.com
- Country lodge, located between
the Chota valley and Tumbabiro, in a typical rural andean region
of Imbabura. The lodge main house was erected upon the old foundations
of the San Clemente hacienda building.
- Km. 6 en la via Salinas - Tumbabiro
Provincia de Imbabura
Phone:(593) 2 2347 476
- See also Haciendas.
- Search this site with Google:
- Ecuador and the Galapagos
Islands (Lonely Planet Country Guide)
- Danny Palmerlee, Michael Grosberg,
and Carolyn McCarthy
- Paperback - 1 Aug 2006
- Price in UK pounds
- Price in US dollars
- in association with
- click here for more books